Monday, February 13, 2012

A VALENTINE FOR AN UNNAMED SOLDIER.


Last night we had a sleepover at my parents place. Two grandkids, four kids, a couple of in-laws and some fish. (Although the fish are always there, so it wasn’t really a sleepover for them).
We had a sleepover because a member of our family unit is off to do something very dangerous today and the reality is that…well, you know what, I’m not going to type what the reality is.
Ugh.
My grandfather used to say that ‘if you’re worried about your own troubles, try taking on someone else’s’.
I do always try to do that, but it’s a little trickier today, because I’m just a little bit sad.
But then I think of my parents.
And how I’m now a parent and if this were Q, I quite honestly don’t know how I would cope. I’ll tell you something for free, I doubt I would cope.
That’s why we had the sleepover.
Because my parents’ troubles are currently greater than my own, and they needed a distraction. And I happen to be the proud owner of the best distraction in the world.
Cyclone Q.
So here we are facing our troubles and knowing that every day down is one day closer to his return.
There’s much more I could say, but I’m saving that for the cheesy letter I’m sneaking into his bags.
Happy Valentines Day little brother.  
See you when you get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...